Tuesday, August 18, 2009

For The Third Time

You know how you always hear that things happen in threes? Well around my house it seems that things have to be said in three's. Even then, there is still no quarantee of results.

Last week for example with my oldest daughter Alex. I told her three times to get her clean laundry off of the dining room table and take it downstairs to her bedroom and put it away. Well, the first time I told her to get it off of the table, take it downstairs and put it away. The second time it was just get it off the table and take it downstairs, I knew she wouldn't necessarily put it away. The third time I just said get it off the table. I didn't care where it went from there as long as I didn't have to worry about my fork getting entangled in a pair of her panties while I was trying to eat supper.


I'm sure she hears me when I am making these requests, because she looks over at me from in front of the computer where she is giving her FB friends the blow by blow on her every living moment then mumbles something that sounds like "okiwillinaminutewhenigetupfromhere."


This particular day I got what I like to refer to as "sick n tired of being sick n tired", I gathered up her clothes and gave them a good shove from the top step down to her room. It gave me great satisfaction to watch them roll slinky like down each step! I secretly hoped they would be covered in all the miscellaneous grass etc. on the stairs she won't vacumn up each week as requested.


I sure hope the house doesn't catch on fire while she's facebooking! I am certain she would measure the progress of the flames out of the corner of her eye and make a mad dash to safety at the last possible moment!

1 comment:

  1. Her dad,grandfather and uncles were just the same only it was the tv instead of computer.
    I threw a few of those fits myself!!
    I still giggle when I remember the silence and the look on their faces as I dumped all their clothes and junk in a BIG pile in front of the tv set until the screen was covered, they waited until I was done then got up without saying one word and did what I had asked all morning for them to do.
    You have to do what you have to do to survive. Go girl!!

    ReplyDelete