Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Elastigirl NOT

As 2009 comes to an end I’m not only thinking about the events of this past year but of upcoming events in 2010.

Two, specifically and they are both in March. On March 10th I will be celebrating the 15th anniversary of my 30th birthday. The other? A very special day indeed that I will elaborate on another day.

I have determined that when it comes to my birthday it is better to commemorate my 30th birthday rather than keep the count going. So, there you go! Will I be 45? Well, technically, yes. But I celebrate it as an anniversary.  The anniversary of a time in my life when it was easier to remain thin, my roots didn’t need touching up near as often and I was actually carded if I wanted to purchase alcohol.

Do I look 45? I don’t think so. Ray says I don't, like any smart husband would and my friends tell me what good skin I have. I know I should be flattered, but it sounds a lot like Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf. “My! What good skin you have!” Yeahhhhhh Riiiiiight.

Either way, here are a few things that I have noticed:

1. My eyelids, well, they could stand a lift. Pretty sure this happened overnight. I think they got tired from opening wide in surprise when my children did unbelievable crap and have just given up altogether.

2. The girls (no, not Alex and Abby) have decided they will no longer stand at attention and intend to spend the remainder of their days at ease. I guess I can live with this as long as they don’t decide to just go ahead and sprawl out on the floor…..

3. My fanny, well if I do say so my self, used to be what I considered my best feature. Now, well it is has decided to kick back and do some relaxing of its own. Before, firm as a melon. Now, well, I would have no problem holding a pencil under each cheek. Not some wimpy Ticonderoga No. 2 either. I’m talking about one of those chubby made for a kindergartner pencils!

So what’s a girl to do? Mope and whine and give up? Heck no! I intend to go down kicking a screaming….well more like laughing and sliding in sideways. So it’s off to my home gym I go to try as the commercials say: “Reverse the Signs of Aging”.

Wish me Luck!

3 comments:

  1. QUICK!! LOCK ALL DOORS,WINDOWS AND SEAL CRACKS, THE EXCHANGE BURGULER HAS FOUND YOUR HOUSE!
    He found me when I was about 40 and has shown up about once a year ever since.
    He has taken my slim waist and replaced it with someones fat one,my arms went next and I hope the recipient enjoys them,I don't appreciate the dimpled thighs I was left with and I bet he got big bucks for my healthy back,and who ever he traded my wrinkle free skin to must have soaked this mess on my face in salt water for a month.
    He's evil, nasty,unforgiving, maybe a cousin to the grinch!
    Give him H___ YOU GO GIRL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesomeness blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha....you're soooo funny and a great writer too! :)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete