Saturday, April 5, 2008

The Nut Didn't Fall Far From The Tree

It has been too long since I last posted! So many things have happened, life is such a whirwind sometimes. Where shall I begin?

Let's see....on Aprils Fools Day, my wonderful husband got up and took the kids to school for me so I could languish in the bed a little longer. (Looking back, it makes me wonder if he was in on it.)

I get up a little bit after they leave the house and go into the kitchen to make coffee. I put the pot under the faucet and prop myself up with the counter as I stand there half asleep. As I turn the water on I'm jerked awake with a blast of water to the chest. I have the old fashioned black plastic sprayer beside the faucet on my sink, Alex had taken a black rubber band and fixed the handle so that it was stuck in the on position.

I turn on the water, it bypasses the faucet and gives me a shower! Talk about waking up fast. I was so startled that I stepped to the side to try and figure out what the heck is going on. I'm not very consistent with which side of the sink I turn on either, somedays it's the hot water, somedays it's the cold.

So there I was dancing off to the side turning the cold water side just to discover it was the hot that I had turned on today. Meanwhile the dog who was across the room minding her own business and happily crunching away on her doggie kibble gets smacked in the rear end with a stream of water.

At this point the shock has worn off, I'm laughing the dog is sulking and I'm thinking, LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It didn't take me long to figure out who it was, I knew that Abby could think it up, but not necessarily know how to execute the plan, that left Alex who was very capable of both and had just enough of me in her to do it. I called her on her cell and sure enough she answered the phone laughing. What a terd.

That was the best part of the whole day. The worst? I got so busy I didn't get a chance to prank her back! That's ok, I don't need one day out of the year to pull my pranks, all I need is some grape Kool-Aid and the chance to get the shower head off of her shower and back on when she is not around, Tee Hee!

7 comments:

  1. DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, just which tree are you referring to?

    ReplyDelete
  3. you know that you just loved it mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just so you know she is a praline.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know Alex or Neh would not do anything like that. It sounds like something you'r mother inlaw would do, who else would put green food coloringg in tne mayo on a banana sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Twas a bologna sandwich! thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey al pal, I happen to know that it is very difficult to remove grape kool-aid from a bald head!!!and he's had it coming for a looooong time!

    ReplyDelete