Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Your Majesty

The older I get, the greater the reality that one day soon I will become a grandmother. I can remember a time not too long ago when I first got pregnant, a co-worker marveled at the fact I would very soon be someone’s mother. Come to think of it, there are days when I am sure my own children marvel at the very same thing!


Grandchildren, I can’t even picture it. I do look forward to it though! Just the other day my oldest daughter Alex asked what I want to be called when I eventually do have grandchildren.


Hmmmmm, what to be called, what to be called. How fun, not something too grannyish of course. Not that there is anything wrong with being a granny, but I have always reserved that honorable title for my great-grandmother. Right now I am just contemplating first generation grandmother hood.


At first I told Alex that I thought “Your Highness” would be nice, and perhaps they could call your dad, “Pop Pop”. She laughed and said, “Your Highness and Pop Pop? You do realize how kids mispronounce things all the time? They will be calling you, “Your Hiney and Pop Pop in no time!” The girl had a point! Your Hiney will never do!!


So after much consideration I have determined that if at all possible, my beloved grandchildren will be referring to us as “Your Majesty and Pop Pop.” Regal huh?! Yeah, I think I will like that much better than Nana.

Now all I need is a tiara to wear to the hospital……

2 comments:

  1. Be careful what you pick. Remember I was supposed to be Grammy and Alex made me mimi all on her own. You could become Chesty and PooPoo.
    I can't wait!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH BY THE WAY YOUR IN MY PHONE AS "YOUR HINEY"
    LOVE YA!!!

    ReplyDelete