Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Don't Lose Your Head

On Thursday, September 16th it was reported in the news that in Athens the "Greek police charged two U.S. tourists with desecrating the dead" after six human skulls were found in their carry on baggage at the Athens International airport.

The skulls were found when their luggage was scanned during a stop-over in Athens while they were on their way back home to the United States.  "The coroner confirmed they were human skulls."

The two tourists said they had purchased the skulls at a souvenir shop on the island of Mykonos and "believed they were fake".  Officials have released the two "pending trial".

Well, if that doesn't kill the souvenir sales for the island, I don't know what will!  One of my first thoughts was, these two must really do it up big for Halloween....six skulls!  I wonder if it was an impulse buy?  There they are perusing the gift shop and stumble upon a Bin-O-Skulls.  Look Honey!  We should have a Halloween Party!!!  At least that's what I hope was going through their minds.

Perhaps they are the crafty sort and were gonna make Christmas gifts out of  'em.  Don't scoff!  I was on a trip last week and found this little decorative piece for the table. My first thought was; "It would funny if I owned a restaurant and put these on all the tables!"

I know I would put one by the inspection score from the local Health Department.  I'm not kidding, I would do it, ask anyone that knows me....

©  2010  Annette Bagley-Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment