Friday, September 3, 2010

Ahem, Gourmet?

I was shopping in the local Sam's Club this week and came across a pallet of Ricos Nacho Cheddar Cheese Sauce. While that in and of itself is really nothing to go on about the description on the label made me do a double-take.

The product claims that this is Nacho ordinary cheddar cheese sauce, but in fact Gourmet!   Really, Gourmet?  Is that Spanish for something?

According to Webster, Gourmet is an adjective used to describe "high-quality or exotic ingredients and skilled preparation".  I have to believe that if this was truly the case, wouldn't the packaging be much nicer than it's current cardboard container that is very similar to a Crisco can?

Now don't get me wrong, I like nacho's as well as the next fellow, but I find it a stretch to describe this sauce as gastronomo as our Spanish speaking friends would  put it.  Perhaps it's the added topping of sliced jalapenos that brings the dish to a higher level?  Not too sure..........


©  2010  Annette Bagley-Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment