Monday, June 28, 2010

Touching Bottom

Although there's no fear as I'm floating around, I admit I feel best with two feet on the ground.

The water is slapping the side of my float, I doze and pretend it is really a boat.

Fingertips wet from the dip in the swell,  doing best to ignore what creatures underneath dwell
.
The sun, it is blazing, the top of me's hot.  My bottom snuggled into the water is not.

My eyes crack open the tiniest bit.  Can I still see the land, am I castaway yet?

I shift myself forward, to dip my big toe.   Is that the bottom?  Crap!  Where did it go?

The shifting sand bottom, it matters not.  Whatever touched my foot, well, that matters a lot!

Me thinks I shall paddle a bit closer to shore, where my feet touch the bottom and there's people galore.

©  2010  Annette Bagley-Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment