Sunday, February 7, 2010

Change

I like change.  So much so, if you were to draw a picture of me it should show me scaling a mountain with my spyglass slung over my shoulder so that when I reached the top I could get a better look at what was coming over the horizon.   Apparently, not only do I like change, I prefer no surprises and want first hand information on what is looming ahead.

I don't know why I am all about things being different  since I play more the role of observer than participator.   In fact, I would love nothing better than for the whole world to have to pass by my front porch while I was kicked back in a hammock taking it all in.   That sure would be convenient, not to mention entertaining!

Now Ray, does he like change?  Not so much.  He likes things to be predictable, and steady.   If he had his way, when we moved into our house he would have nailed all the furniture in place.  Me, I am constantly moving it around, at times I will even swap a room altogether.  Sometimes the dining room is a den,  sometimes a bedroom becomes an office, well you get the picture.  

It can take me almost two weeks to put away a single basket of clothes, but I can swap a whole room of furniture in under and hour, ask the kids, they've seen me do it.  Alex has actually been recruited a time or two.  I have noticed she moves her bedroom around a lot as well.

Why do I do this?  I don't know, it's just the way I am.  Ray says it's because I hate him.  Poor Ray, I guess we all have our crosses to bear......

No comments:

Post a Comment