Monday, February 1, 2010

GooGoo For GaGa

Last night I did not get the opportunity to watch the 2010 Grammys and when I got into work folks were all abuzz about the show/spectacle some of the artists made of themselves.  I made sure to check out the highlights online at lunch today.

After watching YouTube, I really hate I missed it.  I can't decide if Pink and Lady GaGa were in competition for theShock Factor Award or what.  Of the two, I liked Pinks performance better.  To me she looked like someone laced her body up with ribbon  much like a ballerina would lace her shoes with the long ribbons up her leg.  I bet a few folks directly below her arial performance could have done without the water feature.
pink1
I have decided that the reason why the Good Lord didn't give me a body like that is because He knows I would have been proud of it and would have made a spectacle of myself.  It's the only logical explanation.....

Lady GaGa chose to wear three different outfits.  Why not just two like a lot of others?  Who knows, maybe she just couldn't decide.  The one she wore on the red carpet looked like a train wreck at the slinky factory.  There's no way she could have worn that one in the car on the way there, so there is still a mysterious fourth outfit we have never seen.

gaga
Her other two choices of attire for the evening;  an ice princess gown complete with headdress and her green whatever you want to call that thing with the big shoulder pads.  I couldn't tell if she was coming off the set of Star Trek or if they were finally getting on with the making of            Mad Max 4, Fury Road!
The crazy thing is, Lady GaGa has a beautiful voice, wonder why someone doesn't give her a few fashion tips?  I started laughing because right before she was thrown into the rejected furnace, her GaGa dancers (not to be confused with the Solid Gold Dancers) had actually worked a bit of the macarena into their choreography!  It seemed so out of place, but later on I think I figured it out.

Lady GaGa is swooped up just when you realize she is about to have a wardrobe malfuntion as her hoohoo has been playing peek-a-boo with the audience for the last several beats of the song;  and as she is thrust out over the mouth of the furnace, you see that she has been sporting the mother of all wedgies.  That alone should have had her second guessing that choice of attire.  This is why the macarena got worked into the routine.  They were trying to disguise the fact she was trying to pull her draws out of her behind.  Might be what was happening, you never know.

In the end her and Elton sang a great duet, even though it seemed to me that Elton was not all that keen about having that soot all over this face.  He looked like he had twisted his face all around trying to dodge whoever was rubbing that stuff on, much like a toddler dodges a nose wiping.  All in all, quite the show.

I love music and enjoy almost all genres,  although I still have a hard time getting into rap, but the next time the Grammys are on, I'm gonna be at the TV, front and center!

No comments:

Post a Comment