Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Taking Up Flying

Back on the January 15th I talked about the different things that people are "skeered" of.  My mother-in-law had this to say:

"Flying used to be my worst fear, but as I get older I realize that if the plane goes down, I will go up and that would be a good thing.  I now have a much worse fear and that is losing my mind before my body gives out.   Or.........would it be worse to lose my body function before my mind goes.   Of course if you lose your mind then you won't know that your body is gone.   Shoot!!   I think I will take up flying!!"

It goes to show how sometimes the things we are afraid of aren't nearly as fearsome as the alternative.   Franklin D. Roosevelt said it best in his first inaugural address;  "Only thing we have to fear is fear itself."

No comments:

Post a Comment