Friday, January 22, 2010

Granny Clampett

This week on facebook we posted profile pictures of a fictional character that best represented our personalities. I knew immediately who my alter ego would be; Daisy Mae Moses, better known as Granny Clampett! This wiry, shrewd, self-sufficient, self taught woman of medicine is exactly everything I ever want to be.

Granny lived a simple life before being uprooted from the Ozark Mountains to Beverly Hills California. She had no use for city slickers or revenuers. Though she lived a simple life she was by no means simple minded and understood that the best in life cannot be bought but is rather earned.

Although I don't have a medical bag like granny, my friends and family know that in the event, I am quite handy with peroxide, betadine and duct tape. Actually, after one incident where I duct taped my fingertip back on, when I nearly sliced it completely off before a dinner party, I was told by one friend to stay away from her if she ever became injured.

I don't know what the fuss is all about, it's not like when we were kids being chased by a parent with a bottle of mercurochrome! They all know that I would be the first one to call 911..... if it was absolutely necessary. I have never told my child; "Baby, get up and shake it off, your fiiiiinne. Now gimme that ear so I can tape it back on......"

1 comment:

  1. I have watched that show all my life and never really thought about granny's personality and that she actually gave us a glimpse of what some mountain people were really like. If us city folks had a little more of granny's simple minded determanation,grit, and wit there might be less people on meds for depression.
    I can't wait to watch the show again with a new perspective.
    This one was fun!!!

    ReplyDelete