Sunday, January 3, 2010

I Will Laugh

Are you enjoying your life? Tonight at church the preacher talked about how some people endure life and some enjoy life. I think that these two people fall in love and marry one another. Opposites do attract you know!

I am thankful for my husband who keeps me well grounded. He is the Eeyor to my Tigger. His glass is half empty, cracked and leaking and I'm drinking out of the well. How do we not make each other crazy? Who says we're not? He keeps me reeled in and I keep trying to drag him out to sea with me.

I look forward to most every day and the endless possibilities that it holds. I love to laugh and especially at myself. Don't get me wrong, I will laugh at you too! I'm not a cruel person; I won't let you walk around in public with your dress tucked into the back of your pantyhose. But I will be laughing on the inside as I try to get your attention. I will tell you if your hair is doing some sort of thing on its own. I will tell you if there are visible boogers playing peek-a-boo with the world. And I will laugh.

At you, well yes. With you? Most definitely!! I will be there to celebrate your promotions and prizes, the birthdays and anniversaries. I will be there when your child or grandchild arrives into this crazy world. But be prepared. For every upbeat moment that we will share in our lives I am certain there will be as many low times. I will be there.

Through sickness, death and the devastating feeling it brings when life as you know it will never be the same. When you lose your job, your mind or your money. I will be there along side of you. I will pick you up, dust you off and hold your hand and we will cry. Eventually, in time, we will laugh.

Life is not easy so take every opportunity you are given to laugh, smile or try to look on the bright side of things. There are too many times when it is impossible. If you are unable to laugh, give it time. I will be there for you, waiting patiently. Then, once again, we will laugh.


3 comments:

  1. I needed a laugh on Sunday! Maybe it will be here by Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, you have got my day started with laughter!!
    I am also a Tigger who has fallen from Tiggerhood lately (I think I broke my spring) but I am on the mend now and beginning to do a slow soft bounce although my aim is not as good as it used to be and I have fallen in trouble at times.
    But I love bouncing!!YAHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a very good writer......funny and interesting! :D

    ReplyDelete