Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Times Flying But Winters Dragging On

Here it is January 26th and I don't know where the time has gone! We've just gotten over the Christmas holiday's and now the Valentine's stuff is starting to show up in the stores. Where does it end? Maybe I feel like this because I'm broker than a haint and can't wrap my brain around the idea of one more thing to purchase? I do know this, my honey is gonna get a homemade valentine this year!

Either way, you would think what with the minutes, hours and days shooting by at lightening speed that it would be practically summer. Not so, in fact the weatherman has been saying that we might see some snow come Friday night and into Saturday. I hope not, already had snow once this year, that was good enough for me. I'm not a big fan of the cold, it makes me feel.....well, cold.

I should be living somewhere tropical. My goal is to one day live on a tropical island with a home built up in the trees like the Swiss Family Robinson. Well, as long as I can get internet, I would do it. Even though I am a hermit, I like being in touch. The internet is perfect, it allows me to be in touch on my own terms. You gotta love that!

Tropics would mean warm weather most all the time. Yep, I'm ready for spring . Come spring the vine on my front porch will be blooming and "Big Foot and the Loch Ness Monster" will be back around eating from the flowers on the front porch. (Big Foot and Loch Ness are what I named the two hummingbirds that dodge my camera every time I try to take their picture).




Perhaps the weatherman is wrong, I can always hope. Come on spring,  I can hardly wait!

Points To Ponder

"See, the human mind is kind of like... a piñata. When it breaks open, there's a lot of surprises inside. Once you get the piñata perspective, you see that losing your mind can be a peak experience."



                                                                                                                          ~Jane Wagner

No comments:

Post a Comment