Monday, January 25, 2010

Seizure Goat

According to epilepsy.com; "Seizure-alert dogs, as implied by their name, are dogs that can sense and notify their human companions of an oncoming seizure. This alerting behavior has been reported to occur several seconds to 45 minutes or more before the onset of the seizure. The dog does this by exhibiting marked changes in behavior, including close eye contact, circling, pawing, barking etc."

We once had a chihuahua that could tell if you were getting sick. Anytime one of us started coming down with something, even if it was just a headache, she was right there plastered to your side. I find that amazing.

What made me decide to chase this rabbit today? Well my sister forwarded an email today from the People of Walmart site and lo and behold what did I see?



Yep folks, a goat. It appears that the critter is wearing a harnes and is on a leash of some sort so it can't be a seeing eye goat or it would be leading the person and not the other way around. So, I have decided this is one of those seizure alert animals. This is a seizure goat! I don't know how else they could explain why ol' Billy came along on the shopping trip.

Whadda ya think?

1 comment:

  1. I recently watched a show about a dog who could detect skin cancer, he may have saved his owners life as the man was found to have a fast growing cancer. These dogs are amazing.
    My dogs aren't good for anything except barking, they let me know if anyone comes within 100 feet of our house they even let me know when I come home,but they do love me. And they're are very good foot warmers.

    ReplyDelete